Saturday, April 25, 2009

Andy's Rally

On Wednesday this week, I was vaccinated with Tdap (tetanus + whooping cough). This kicked my butt. I've been down for two days with a wicked fever and horrible body aches. I hadn't been sick for a while and almost forgot what it was like. The timing couldn't have been worse, as I was rendered useless to my already ailing wife and fragile newborn. During the past couple days Jamie was forced to charge ahead on her own without my help. She did wonderfully considering.

Today, I recovered some of my energy and was able to get to the hospital. I've really missed Veda. I was getting used to seeing her often. Even better though, I was able to hold her for the first time today. This was an unbelievable feeling. She has always been just out of reach for me as I wasn't able to make good contact with her until I had this vaccination. Today we just sat together in the chair. She slept while flexing her little claws against my chest. It was nice to hear her breathing and feel her wiggling against me. She may only be less than 3 lbs, but it felt like 30 lbs under the circumstances.

I can't wait for the next opportunity to do it again.

Andy

1 comment:

  1. Reading this brought tears to my eyes. So glad you are feeling better and got to hold your beautiful daughter. Veda is so blessed to have such a loving father.

    ReplyDelete