Sunday, June 7, 2009

Veda keeps things interesting



















I just got off the phone with the doctor, he said Veda looked really good during his visit with her this morning. He mentioned that she appeared to be more comfortable and he sensed a positive change about her. I told him not to toy with me - but I believe this could be her week to show us what she's capable of!



To recap Veda's feeding consultation... The PT thought that her issues were a combination of some reflux, slight lack of stamina and immaturity. The immaturity is based on where most 36 weekers are at in their progress. It was determined that she was acting a week or two younger than what she is. Although that's not the easiest thing to hear it's comforting to know that she will catch up. The doctor started her on some reflux medication, we're giving it a test run just to see what happens. He doesn't think the murmur is playing a big role in all this so that's good to hear.



I asked the doctor how he felt about Veda and how she's doing overall. He gave me some great reassurance by reminding me of all the positive things about her progression. She never had to be put on a ventilator, she was on very limited oxygen only for a few days, she doesn't have eye disease, she had no brain bleeds, all of which are real concerns of a 28 weeker. So she's lagging a bit with this last obstacle of concurring her feedings - this I can handle.



I'm off to visit my little peanut now!



Oh ya, she's up to 5lbs 12 oz!

3 comments:

  1. That's great news, she is blessed! I love the new pic of daddy and Veda!!! Is she smiling??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic of Veda and Andy is so precious! She is looking strong and happy. Thought of you all weekend. Glad to hear that Veda is a bit closer to coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a sweet little peanut! So happy to read the good news! It looks like she's gained a few more ounces in the last few days! Go Veda Go! I love the picture at the top of the page, in Andy's arms... she is really checking you out Jamie (you took the picture right?) Keep up the good work! Much Love, Winde & Juan plus6

    ReplyDelete