Friday, May 29, 2009

6 weeks, 5 pounds and mommy's back!













I was out a total of 5 days, finally heading back to the hospital on Wednesday. That was the quickest I've ever bounced back from a cold. It seems the carrot juice, honey and steam really did the trick! I feel like a million bucks! Deep down I was hoping by the time I made it back to the hospital Veda would be sitting up and saying mama, and ready to come home. But it's business as usual. She is doing great though! She's up to 5lbs 2 ounces, which seemed so far out of reach only a few weeks ago. So far she's only been able to get down one full bottle, the rest have been partials with the remainder going through her feeding tube. Her breathing issues are usually during her feedings, leaving the rest of the day pretty quite. I think she'll get it any day now. Yesterday was her 6 week birthday!




Our friend Winde sent us some great head wear. She's sporting one of her new headbands in the pictures above.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I see a difference - her little cheeks are filling out. Keep up the good work you guys. I know it won't be too much longer. Love - Grandma Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Veda is doing so well! She has your sense of style already Jamie! What great pictures... and so happy that you bounced back so quickly from your cold! Keep up the good work!! Nice job mommy and daddy and Veda!
    Love, Winde & Juan plus6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better, James. Veda looks lovely. She will be home soon. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking red or purple for her first prom dress- She is just so cute.

    ReplyDelete