Sunday, May 31, 2009

No more oxygen monitoring










While we were visiting today the doctor said he wanted to remove the oxygen monitor from her foot. This is great progress although I'm a bit apprehensive about the whole thing. These are the numbers that often give us dipping trouble. When a dip is happening my eyes are glued to the monitor waiting for her to come out of it. It's always followed by a visit from a nurse checking on Veda, which is when they have to remind me every single time to look at my baby and not the monitor. By looking at Veda I should be able to tell if she's okay by her color and breathing. They probably got tired of telling me to stop looking at it so they decided to take it away all together. What ever helps get me ready I suppose! I'm probably more work for them then Veda is!


She took 2 full bottles last night and almost a full bottle for me today. She just gets so tuckered out, but she's almost there. She's up to 5lbs 5 ounces!!

6 comments:

  1. So encouraging! You can do it Jamie! She's beautiful!
    Love, Winde & Juan plus6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Veda James--eating like a horse and filling out nicely. Jamie, you and Andy are doing great and these latest series of pictures are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so gorgeous!! Congrats on the new milestones. Wonderful news!

    Much love you guys,

    Martha, Malcolm and Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so beautiful and happy holding Veda. =) Wonderful to hear that she is making such great progress. She still looks so tiny in your arms. It's hard to believe that she was half that size when she was born.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little dress, she looks like she is looking right at Mommy! Grandma K

    ReplyDelete